This simple black frame comes with 26 different inspirations geared to inspire, motivate, and educate the older teen/young adult regarding issues related to mental health.
All quotes, phrases, and content have been chosen by or written by licensed psychologist with 30 years of experience working with teens and young adults.
This is a wonderful way for your child to receive powerful and timely messages related to being an older teen or young adult in the world today. Keep the frame in the bathroom or your child's bedroom. You can easily change the message every week, or as often as you like.
Frame measures 5" x 7" x 3/4". Quote (picture) area measures 4" x 6".
- Be yourself. That is something you can do better than anyone else. Listen to that inner voice and bravely follow it.
- Sometimes, super heroes reside in the hearts of human beings fighting big battles.
- One tree can start at forest. One smile can begin a friendship. One hand can lift a soul. One word can frame a goal. One candle can wipe out darkness. One laugh can conquer gloom. One hope can raise our spirits. One touch can show you care. One life can make a difference. Be that one today. -BJ Gallagher
- Life is too short to worry about what others say or think about you. Have fun and give them something to talk about!
- Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage, unless you are scared. -Eddie Rickenbacker
- Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny. -Mahatma Gandhi
- Giving up on a goal because of a setback is like slashing your other three tires because you got a flat!
- Don't change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love you.
- The moment you're ready to quit is usually the moment right before something amazing happens. Don't give up!
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens. But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. -Helen Keller
- Behind you, all your memories. Before you, all your dreams. Around you, all who love you. Within you, all you need. - Lilli Vaihere
- Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think. -Buddha
- Strength grows in the moments you think you think can't go on, but you keep going anyway.
- You get angry. You get depressed. You worry. But never let these feelings consume your life. You owe it to yourself not to burden your soul with sadness. You have to leave the past behind and strive toward happiness. -Dodinsky
- Begin your day with one small positive thought in the morning. This can be just the shift you need to have a better day. - Dr. Peggy DeLong
- Don't ever wait for someone else or something else to make you feel special. Your worth and validation come from within. They're up to you and ONLY you. Look at it as your responsibility to cultivate. - Dr. Peggy DeLong
- Allow yourself to feel sad, angry, disappointed, betrayed, frustrated, etc. If you don't allow yourself to feel emotional pain, you also don't get to feel the fullness of joy. - Dr. Peggy DeLong
- Six Ways to Boost Your Mood: Move your body. Write a gratitude letter. Listen to uplifting music. Spend time in nature. Talk to a trusted friend. Journal. - Dr. Peggy DeLong
- Stop Doing These 4 Things for More Happiness: Stop saying life is not fair. Stop taking things personally. Stop comparing yourself to others. Stop ignoring painful emotions. - Dr. Peggy DeLong
- Eight Tips for a Happy Life: Limit social media. Exaggerate the good/Savor the simple. Engage in relaxation exercises daily. Spend time doing what brings you joy. Learn and strengthen coping skills. Give to others. Embrace the healing power of nature. Connect with people every day. -Dr. Peggy DeLong
- Every situation in life is temporary. So, when life is good, make sure you enjoy and receive it fully. And when life is not so good, remember that it will not last forever, and better days are on the way. - Jenni Young
- Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear and how to be free from it. - Veronica Roth
- For what it’s worth, it’s never too late to be who you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over. F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The number one predictor of happiness is your relationships. Strangers, coworkers, partners, friends, and family. Talk to strangers. Contact a friend. Get together with a family member. Let your friends know you appreciate them. - Dr. Peggy DeLong
- Four research-backed, brain-based methods of fostering happiness: 1) Think of one person, experience, object, relationship, or situation for which you are truly grateful, 2) Wear a smile, 3) Think about a positive experience, remembering it in full detail, using all of your senses, 4) Reach out to one special person today. - Dr, Peggy DeLong
- If you are still looking for that one person who will change your life, take a look
in the mirror. -Roman Price